View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 12:12 AM   #8
Plenty Fox
meeeeeeeeeeee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
If we are going to criticize behavior in the arbor my gripe would have to be going out to dance in an inter-tribal and having to avoid all the folks just standing around talking or just walking--not dancing. Not everyone has regalia, not everyone dances contest, and when I do get up to dance intertribals I like to be able to dance, not stop and start, stop and start. I do dance from the heart when I dance but there are plenty of people who get out there and don't do anything but stand out there or walk around talking to their gal pals so that folks can see them and be noticed.

The spectators you pow-wow committee folks like to bring in because of revenue, they get the show they come for. They see the Spikes during the Fancy Dance and the Paskemin's during Grass. I don't think they are keeping score of whether these guys dance full throttle during an inter-tribal or not. Just seeing them is a thrill. The snipers seem to be those who don't compete at the same level as these folks. So, I still have to come back to the apparent assumption by some who've posted here that any of these dancers who don't dance every dance aren't dancing from the heart. That's a pretty self-righteous, pompous attitude to have. But if it makes them feel superior to criticize the dancers in question, so be it. Like Jonathan Windy Boy said, there will always be those 'crabs in the bucket' that criticize, judge, find fault; it's just their way. He says all he can do (all any of us can do) is live his lives to the standard he's set for himself, without dwelling on the insecurities of others that makes them so negative and critical.

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

Plenty Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook