View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 10:07 AM   #14
Plenty Fox
meeeeeeeeeeee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato Winyan
I agree! I hate that!

Couple of things here.. They don't always get the show they come for. Not all powwows have the people you mention. And not all spectators come for the NAMES.. hell some just want to see pretty feathers fly all weekend. I've seen the powwows where during the inter tribals the only ones dancing were the ones not competeing. Not just one song .. but most of them. No one is expected to dance "full throttle" every dance. Just be there and put some effort into it.;)
And to be crude.. that is what they are getting paid for. That is what makes the best of the best.

And to look at the other side.. the committee should not treat the dancers and singers as a commodity. They should be respectful of them and have the payouts over and done with so people can be on their way at a reasonable hour. Hell I've been to powwows where we didn't get out until 5am because drums get paid last. That was ridiculous!!

There are alot of things that could be changed on both sides. And having good dialog is the beginning of that change hopefully.
my thoughts exactly!

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

Plenty Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook