View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 10:11 AM   #15
Plenty Fox
meeeeeeeeeeee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNGurl92782
I understand that some people make a living off of dancing but that is by choice. And no not everyone out here is jealous or trying to pick something to argue about. But I have been to a couple pow wows where a few dancers have danced just 1 grand entry and just contest and still placed first. And I don't think that is right. It's not fair for the other dancers that have danced all weekend. It shouldn't matter if you have a "name" or if you have a reputation at pow wows. If you dance and deserve a place then you deserve a place. It shouldn't depend on your name or where you come from. Some dancers don't even wear plumes or carry a fan if they see that there is nobody there with a name or somebody that they think will give them contest. But there is always somebody bigger and better out there. But it shouldn't be that way. Should be out there to have fun and dance and not have to worry about money all the time. People shouldn't have to go to a pow wow and think gosh such and such is here this weekend I know I won't be getting in. Just because someone has a "name" or is from that community doesn't mean that there isn't a another dancer there that is just as equal in dancing.
I'm just tired of seeing dancers that know that they are good not participating in all activities!
If the judging rules state they will not be judged during inter-tribals, who are we to criticize or question their 'heart'? Then, again, if the judging rules say they will be judged during inter-tribals they damn well better dance in them. Some responsibility lies with the Committees to PUBLICLY post their rules, then others won't be offended. The responsibility then lies with the Judges the Committee is using to not give awards to dancers who do not follow the rules--including the one about being in regalia to accept award. Post your rules PUBLICLY.

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

Plenty Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook