View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 02:07 PM   #13
Kakeeya
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyya_hey
Myself, I decend from the Chief Joseph Band of Nez Perce. My Mother is full blood Nez Perce, Myself I am full blood native enrolled in WAshington State. The duck n' dive song has a story behind it. I am also a traditional dancer and singer. All I can say about this, is this is truely upsetting and disgraceful. Those of us, who grew up with the stories of the horrors that took placae for our ancestors who went thru this battle. The ruthless killing of women, elderly , children and the bravery of the warriors who fought hard to defend our people. This song is to be song with honour and courage. I go to pow wows..far away from home and I hear drum groups sing this song...and I have to say they do not do this song honour or justice ...and if they want to have the right to sing this song, they should go to the land of where this song originated and learn from the people who grew up with these stories... Even though now a days..alot of singers pick up songs by CD's tapes..etc... some songs have special meanings..and those songs should not be taken for granted.
I agree with this guy :Thumbs cuz the Nimipu are our relatives and we know the true meaning of the original Duck N Dive song. I've seen the original song sung by other groups not of our area and it doesn't sound as good or have that heart in it. Also when not done in our area, lots of dancers don't know how to dance to it, and the people don't have that respect for it like we do and they don't stand up for this honorable song.
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook