View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 02:18 PM   #14
Sewickly
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Sewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakeeya
I agree with this guy :Thumbs cuz the Nimipu are our relatives and we know the true meaning of the original Duck N Dive song. I've seen the original song sung by other groups not of our area and it doesn't sound as good or have that heart in it. Also when not done in our area, lots of dancers don't know how to dance to it, and the people don't have that respect for it like we do and they don't stand up for this honorable song.
Believe me I feel what you are writing! It is also good to learn! And believe me this can be one of those political things that go on and on. But it should not. Everyone on PW.com has an opinion, I won't say what comes to mind, but I would put it in a joking way, but anyway. Everyone has an opinion, and everybody should, (I used should) respect each others dances, songs, traditions, but where does one draw the line. Do we not want to learn about another tribe and their beliefs, and backgrounds. Of course there are some things that are kept within the tribe, and not shared.

I'm getting off my soap box now! It would be good to know the story behind the song, so that people could appreciate better.