View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 03:59 PM   #19
sltate
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Okay, here is my feelings on this subject:
Competition pow wows are just that, you are there to compete. It's not about how much you dance, it's how you danced during your competition song and how the judges chose to judge. It's up to each judge to pick their dancer on their abilities, regalia, etc.(they may pick you because you do dance intertribals, who knows?) Then out come the winners they chose. End of story. LOL
As for myself, I dance the intertribals because I want to. My dad used to tell us to dance when you had the opportunity, and dance with all your heart. You don't know who is in the audience who may see you dancing and you make them feel good. They may be broken hearted, ailing, or just down and they see you dancing with all you have and you bless them. That is what dancing is all about. Not visiting during intertribals, you can visit outside the arena. When you step into the arena, you dance. I have competed against some ladies that don't dance anything but what they get points for,and that is just them. I get a blessing and a good feeling when I dance the intertribals, and I learn more songs and how each drum beats the drum when I dance the intertribals. Either way, I get a blessing from this dancing.
I dance hard in my contest too, but I don't judge anyone who chooses to dance only thier contest. They are missing out of something good. My dad, Jonathon WindyBoy,and my brother, RG traveled and lived the "pow wow for a living" life and they always danced intertribals and enjoyed that life. If someone is a strong enough dancer to live on pow wows, power to them. We all have to admit, that would be the ultimate life, pow wow every weekend and make good money at it!! LOL
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook