View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 04:06 PM   #8
osagesooner
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
osagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond reputeosagesooner has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
From what I understand the Otterhide drop is one of the requirements that go along with the ilonshka/hethuska/heluska society. That is why you see most "northern oklahoma" straight dancers have an otterhide as they come from the respective tribes, i.e. pawnee, otoe, ponca, and osage. All what have you, "heluska tribes".

I know that osages dress different from other tribes, and we even dress different from each other, hominy and pawhuska dress differently from greyhorse people. I've never questioned these differences, just always been aware of them. That, and the fact that i was told to "quit asking so many questions" when i was younger.

Good question though, i'd have to ask around some more.

Just my thoughts on subject.
osagesooner is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook