View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 04:01 AM   #9
CHEROSAGE
cherosage

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I too have otter drags and I have made my sons hairplate drags, for my wifes Apache family. When they are grown and want to continue to dance I will help them make an otter drag. We do wear an otter turbin as well as a roach alternately. (Not to be confused with some old style Sauk/Fox that wear them together.) I hope that the otters will be affordable and large enough. I would like to find 1 or 2 of these long otters since I am 6'3'. My otter that I now wear is quite long about 5 1/2' long. My dads turbin otter and my turbin otter were not quite as long. My sons turbins were small otters, which they out grew a while back. It is hard to keep up with them. Our eldest now has his own family, he wants to come back and dance again.

I was taught that we wear the otter turbin and drag to honor the otter. I was taught that the otter was the one that help GOD get the grains of sand from the bottom of the water when the earth was covered by the water. These sand grains were what GOD created the land for Humans to live on. Not sure if this is fact or just a story to appease my childhood questions. I too do many things and wear things that I'm not sure about but was told this is just the way it is.

Last edited by CHEROSAGE; 04-10-2007 at 04:00 AM..
CHEROSAGE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook