View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 11:05 PM   #14
notsocheese
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
notsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond reputenotsocheese has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I'm Kiowa and Creek. When I was a youngin' I use to wear both a Creek dress (gah, they were just hard for me to walk in! I was always fallin' around or something! lol..) and Kiowa dress. However, when I reached about 11 or so I started wearing the Kiowa dress primarily. The Kiowa dress that my sister (she sometimes wears Otoe clothing because she was adopted by one of her friends), neice and I wear is a pattern from our great-great grandmother's. I use to wear the Kiowa styled red and blue dress and shell dress, but now I just wear any color that matches my beadwork. Also, you don't hardly see Kiowa women wear their dresses with aprons any more. I haven't worn it that way in a long time.. I guess I'm trying not to show off my rolls!!! lol.. Nah, perhaps one day I'll wear it that way again.
notsocheese is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook