View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 12:08 PM   #13
Kio-Manche
a.k.a Numunu1971

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kio-Manche has a reputation beyond repute
Kio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by napesne
We were also taught that you don't go dancing around the arena like a racehorse, only the veteran's were allowed to walk around in the arena.

We were also taught that you didn't approach the drum too quickly, some dancers just shuffle all fast up to the drum. as a singer that's might irritating
It is amazing to me how much difference there is in the teaching here on Powwows.com. I NEVER heard any one say that only veterans were allowed to walk around in the arena? Are we talking about during the song? In between songs? Thank goodness I'm a vet! Which brings me to the fact that on my blanket, I have miliatary patches and ribbons, and thats all.
I don't understand about approaching the drum "too quickly". I'm with Zotigh when I say I would prefer it if the drums were to the side of the arena, rather than in the middle, because I see alot of people making the same ASSUMPTIONS, which is that gourd dancers are supposed to sloowwwlllyyy dance towards the drum. I was taught that the blessings are in the middle, get out there and dance! Anyway, I would like to personally invite you to Carnegie Park July 4th weekend of next year to see how its done in our neck of the woods. You can come eat at my camp if you do.
Again, I simply say that our teachings are DIFFERENT, not right or wrong. My opinions are my own, and thats all I am saying here, that these are my opinions based on how I was raised.