Thread: honoring ppl
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 02:52 PM   #42
WhoMe
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotigh
Amen, bro.

But, if they misunderstand the purpose of the 'honouring', it just stands to reason that the root give-away to the same will be twisted in the same manner.

I hope that does not come to pass while I still breathe...but, if the simple honouring has been distorted so...who knows, eh?
__

Zotigh:

I hear what you are saying.

In days gone by, a horse, rifle or something of equal value was given away. It is still done, but not nearly to the same extent it once was.

Somehow, I have observed the giving of dollars, during the gourd dance part of powwows, as some sort of "game." . . . someone drops a dollar in front of someone and everybody goes to one side of the arena, then the next song another dollar is dropped and everybody goes to the other side of the arena, and so on.

Maybe it's just me. . .

whome?