Thread: Societies
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 03:48 PM   #9
Zotigh
USMC

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Zotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Zotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEROSAGE
Who belongs to a veterans society and which one? Tell us about your society if you will.
Being posted in the "Gourd Dance Forum", I'm thinking that you are asking what gourd dance societies folks belong to, rather than "Veteran Societies". You can clarify if that is not the case.

If it is "gourd dance societies", then I'd like to post here a clarification about 'sanctioned' gourd societies by the three Kiowa gourd societies.

I see lots of folks say, "I'm with the So-and-SO Gourd Society, we are sactioned by the Kiowa Gourd Clan from Carnegie, OK". This is not true. And, if folks read that here, they'll pass on that error to others to repeat.

The Kiowa Gourd Clan (Carnegie, OK) is the oldest of the revival gourd societies. From this main society two other branches split into what we know now as the Kiowa Tiah Piah Society (Chieftain Park [aprox. 12miles south of Carnegie]), and the Oklahoma Tiah Piah Society (Lawton, OK).

Your society is either sanctioned by the Kiowa Tiah Piah Society, Oklahoma Tiah Piah Society, or one of their subsequently sanctioned societies. Not the Kiowa Gourd Clan.

It would be interesting to see a 'tree' of relationships of all the gourd societies that have sprung up.

Something like;

Kiowa Gourd Clan (Carnegie, OK)
.........|
.........|
.........|----- Kiowa Tiah Piah (Chieftain Park [aprox. 12miles south of Carnegie])
.........|....................|
.........|....................|----- Texas Tiah Piah
.........|....................|----- Gulf Coast Tiah Piah
.........|
.........|
.........|
.........|----- Oklahoma Tiah Piah ((Lawton, OK)
.........|....................|----- Ponca Gourd Dance Society

Etc, etc, etc.

(Ignore the periods...line spacing didn't work without them)

It would be interesting to see how far the branches go.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Last edited by Zotigh; 09-17-2004 at 12:42 AM..
Zotigh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook