Thread: Societies
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 07:33 PM   #17
TacO5000
I don't do this for fun!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
TacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
TacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond reputeTacO5000 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDog
ok..ok...I would like some feed back on this question if all you good NDNs would so kindly do. Where (what position) do you begin dancing from. Here in N. Cal. chairs are normally set up on the west end of the arena,in front of the mc's table. The gourd dancers sit during the first song...shaking their rattle. The second song they stand and some dance a little dance in place. Third song the dancers spread out with at least one dancer in each of the 4 directional corners (n,e,w,and south). I have seen dancers "dance" toward the center after the drum does a hard "honor" stroke or series of hard hits. They keep moving closer toward the center until the song ends and then they (dancers) back up to the outside of the arena and begin again. Buffalo dance! Seldom do they do them out here and never have I heard a "Wolf" howl at the end of a song.
Give me knowledge....enlighten me....Wado
Also........is it appropriate to wear military insigna and awards on your war blanket? What about ndn patches..items.ie.; medicine wheels,feathers,pins, etc? Thanks...Wado
four directions??? crazy man.... have to sit by the M.C. to start???? nuttz.... I just don't know...????