View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 11:04 PM   #29
sweet_singin_sista
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond repute
sweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond reputesweet_singin_sista has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
just learnin!

In my younger years I have always seen my grandma n great grandma doing quill work. I can still remember on how they did certain things w/ the quills and birchbark.

Today, I have took on a new thing to do for myself n thats learning how to do just what my grandmothers did. Its fun and interesting stuff. I kinda get excited doing things n making new designs. I dont know the names of certain things you can do w/ them -I just do it. So, yeah INTRO TO QUILL work posting will be something great to read n see.

Right now, I am working on a few peices for my regalia. (First time dancer, too!) The drop that will hang on my chest will be quillled up mixed w/ some glass cut beads. Right now, its going good - Outling the feathers, a border and floral designs. For this being my first time and self teaching along the way its lookin pretty good.

My concern is, how do u maintain them so they will not break or pop out? I am using clear nail polish to keep them down after cutting them, it also gives them that shine! I guess I should add that I am not doing it on birchbark tho. Found some decent material that is good to do beadwork on as well.

Recently just got 4 road kills and brought them into the city. (crazy for neighbours to watch the skinning of in my backyard, haha)...anyhow, 4 porky's and alot of projects to come. I want to do boxes too...thats my next thing to teach myself. Its also good to show my grandma as I am going n her givin me helpful tips n tellin me that I am doing a great job!!!

KEEP THIS THREAD GOING!!!!