View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 01:03 AM   #5
fancy_shawls_225
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
fancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond repute
fancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond reputefancy_shawls_225 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I think that people who are mixed should look inside and see who they are. I just don't really like full whites who are trying to be indian. True, I know of naties who don't care about who they are... I think that we should be accepting of all colors, but not try to make one color on everybody. I think that black, white, red, brwon, etc. should all celebrate thier own people, yet still keep their own culture alive. Even if that means educating people who don't know anything about thier own culture and especially youth... I think i am worried about is the extiction of smaller groups, such as individual tribes and languages of non-large groups. Like cree and Blackfoot are not losing thier language. Sorry, I think I got off track, but It is also good that the governement onoy funds people sho are 1/4 or whatever, because it helps keep those individual groups together. I am not expressing myself as I would like to. I hope you get the gist here. I was recently reading a book "which is open for another discussion" but they said that the white in anyone was not mentioned, It only mattered if they became mission indians. I think that it matters inside the person as to who the identigy with, as long as they aren't totally white and have at least some native. I know of one Metis who has full-blood mother and white father, who ended up blonde and white skin....she has the nose and high forehead. part of it is genetics. But now I am off topic. I hope I made some sense.
fancy_shawls_225 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook