View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 11:53 AM   #11
tradish_wiyan
plains n8tv

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
OK, here are my 2 cents. We have been told from the time we were teenagers that if we want our children enrolled and eligible for services, including land ownership, then we find a spouse from our reservation. We were told that from day one. Now when I bring that up, I realized that not everybody was raised "traditionally" and were not taught of lineage and passing on the culture and traditions. Our language here is in the revitalization stages. Now, there are some radicals who want to abolish the blood quantum to "decendency"...I disagree with that because when a woman marries...she takes on her husbands cultures and traditions (typically) and the children of that relationship typically take on the fathers heritage. When are we going to teach our Indian youth to find other Indians to keep the traditions and cultures? We are so worried about keeping our culture alive, but what are we doing about it? We need to teach our children the facts...the government does not fund 1/8th...regardless of what your tribe's requirements are. If you are from a reservation with economic opportunities, then the funding comes from the tribe itself. But when you are from a tribe with very little to no economic development, the funding comes from the government who only funds 1/4 or more.

I liked the comment before about the "radical" idea...if you want Indian children...MARRY AND INDIAN!!!!

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?
tradish_wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook