View Single Post
Old 06-29-2002, 08:42 PM   #68
MuzeBl
Gourd Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
MuzeBl is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
except in cases of special request....the men can put a woman up front to dance...but they have never had a woman just up and dance with the men at gourd like this thread is describing. The old man I was talking to about this said it's just never happened.

I doubt if anyone can claim the National Defense ribbon stripes, but I checked around with the Kiowas...not a problem for any colors I wanna use. Turns out it not so much the colors (except for the black leggins) as the beadwork designs. I got permission to use the design on a beaded purse that I bought...she was happy that I liked it so much...just seemed like the whole time I was in Anadarko, this bird kept popping up.
I was invited to participate in a club for Chief Set'tainte, so I will use the colors in his honor...red and yellow, which as luck would have it..are the main colors of the National Defense medal's ribbon. NO coincidences.

I attended a gourd dance over in Carnegie, and I felt it an honor to dance along the side with the other women.

Nice post, Headsman...we talked about the War Mother's and I would feel quite satisfied to associate with those women!