Thread: Societies
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 11:46 AM   #27
sltate
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Well, I would like to throw a question in here. Now, this is just a "what do think" question, so don't get upset with me.
I was told, by elders of the Comanche tribe, that the gourd dance and its songs originally belonged to the comanches. I was told that they have societies that dance this dance. My late father in law, Doc Tate Nevaquaya, was instrumental in reviving the Comanche Little Ponies way back when.
Now, I understand that every tribe has its history in reference to this dance and I respect that. I just want to throw out there what I was told. My late father, Ronnie Harris, Sr, was initiated into the Kiowa TiaPiah Society in the early 70's and my adopted dad, Walter Kaulaity is a prominent member of the Kiowa Gourd Clan...so I am familiar with the dance.
Is it true that Comanche had horses before the Kiowas? Give me some feedback please.
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook