Old 11-12-2004, 03:58 PM   #36
GrayDog
GrayDog

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
GrayDog is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Smile

It is good to be able to ask questions and to learn. What's the old saying? "The only dumb question is the one you don't ask".
Here in N. Cal. gourd is getting more popular each year. And it seems different variations are added every year as well. I am learning from a 72 year old Otoe-Missourian. He is very understanding of my questions but accepts me as a Gourd Dancer and is instructing me on the proper. Says "if your gonna do it...do it right". I am honored to be taught by this Elder who is thought very highly of out here. It'd be nice to compare what he teaches to that coming out of Oklahoma. I have received some great info from this thread and am grateful for those who have written me in private and answered my questions without all the name calling. Very classy and honorable. You know who you are and I thank you again. I believe that going to the Elders is probably the best path...still, I'd like to know how it's done in "NDN country"! Keep the thread going...I'm not the only one with questions out here in cyberspace. Wado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEROSAGE
Glad we can talk about these things instead of bickering about who has the right to dance and who doesn't.

I think we should educate instead of belittling. Those that probably shouldn't, do. We should just educate them and hope they learn something. Maybe someday they will learn that they aren't doing things right and start.

By the way congrats, WhoMe.
GrayDog is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook