View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 10:14 PM   #20
Jammer
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Jammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I have to agree with what blackbear stated earlier... the protection laws are for the birds not our people. I know times change and we are a every evolving people and culture...but I doubt there was this much controversey over feathers 100 years ago...hell even 50 years ago when it was still illegal to do many ceremonies. What disturbs me is to hear not just on here but on the circuit people talking about this very subject and very much against it..yet only want certain types of eagle feathers so that they can look a little better out in the arena. I think the representation and the meanings behind and of the great eagles are being lost. We are turning more towards the way our cultural beliefs make us look instead of what they are meant for. Many ceremonies are gone and probably forever...and I wouldn't doubt many others will soon follow in the next few hundered years..how long before we loose the concept and meanings behind the feathers? How long before we kill out our own ways and as other races and cultures melt together in this melting pot of america.