SingerMD
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
SingerMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Laughing Owl:
wew were enslaved as american indians and we will be freed as american indians so i call myself indian...there is no one word for all the native people of this land...i would prefer to be called oglala if i have the choice
Robert,

The use of the word enslaved is really the wrong terminology here. If you look at our Countryís history you will find that the only ethnic group that can be described as truly enslaved would be the slaves from Africa.

Iíll agree that the US government treatment and ideology towards the Native American, as well as other ethnic groups, has been less the acceptable. We could discuss it for the next 4 months but thatís not the topic here. As for the second part of your statement about becoming freed you already are. We are guaranteed the rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness and the list goes on and on. Although, our history is rather flawed itís still the best country to live in. Try this one word for all the native people of this land - an American. As for calling yourself Oglala thatís pretty interesting to me, you look rather white to me. LOL http://www.powwows.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
SingerMD is offline   Share with Facebook