SingerMD
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
SingerMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Laughing Owl:
well well...we are a indian quoting united states presidents and you are trying to preach to me!!! Give me a break here. And dont misquote me either, or try to twist my words to make your point... you wanna use another word go ahead...you can call all of us fools if it makes you feel better...that statement was originally made by Russell Means...is he a fool too now...dont think that you have the right to call me a fool or question my motives..i fight for my people, do you?
First of all Robert – I’m not twisting your words. It was you yourself who wrote ‘we were enslaved as american indians and we will be freed as american indians’. If you look at the tenses in your sentence you are saying you were enslaved (past tenses) and will be freed (future tense). Therefore your statement is implying that you are still enslaved (present tense). So as for miss quoting or misinterpreting you, I have not. I would suggest however that you phrase your statements to mean exactly the point you are trying to get across.

Secondly, I’m not calling you or any member of the AIM organization a fool. You’re the one who made that assumption. As for questioning your motives I do believe that’s a freedom granted to me – you know freedom of speech.

Just my opinions.

[This message has been edited by SingerMD (edited June 13, 2000).]
SingerMD is offline   Share with Facebook