View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 10:43 AM   #30
skybird5
sentient being

Items Treasure Chest
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
skybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Unhappy Inquiring minds...

Ok, so with the magic scarf...during saturday night's contest, the dancer of which we speak was carrying a spear and scarf in his right hand and a fan and scarf in the other. On the first set of hard beats he moved the spear to his left hand and waved the scarf around, to the beats. He only did it one other time during that song, but it looked ALOT like a magician doing that old trick where a bird flies out of his scarf. I gotta give it to him for holding onto a spear, scarf and fan in the other hand and not dropping any of it!

I think a really good dancer (like Hawk) doesn't need to rely on so called artistic tricks like this. I'm wondering how far these 'contemporary' traditional dancers will go? It's such an oxymoron to start with but with the painting up, the glitter, all the props-spears, shields, scarves, fans, weapons, etc. it's just funny to watch anymore, which is really sad.
skybird5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook