View Single Post
Old 06-23-2000, 03:48 PM   #20
lngfthr
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
lngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I would like to add a comment about reservations. I noticed that someone posting used the phrase, "corralled" or "pushed" onto reservations. I'm not trying to start an argument here. I would just like to point out that we must stop supporting the misnomer that the government or white people somehow "gave" us reservations or forced us there. Granted, our backs were against the wall many times when making land cessions. However, our reservations are land that is "reserved" for us; land that has never been owned by anyone except Indian people. Our ancestors fought hard for the land that remains in our hands and we should value it because of that. By perpetuating the idea that we were "pushed" onto reservations, we create a resentment toward reservations that is unhealthy. We need to begin thinking of the reservations in a positive way, like BPlenty said. That's all.
lngfthr is offline   Share with Facebook