View Single Post
Old 06-23-2000, 04:07 PM   #21
Robert Laughing Owl
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Robert Laughing Owl is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I jnever said reservations were bad...they are all we have left...but you can say that in the old days we were not pushed onto reservations...that would be the misnomer. We were given the choice of reservations or death and look at what happened to the people that tried to fight that movement...we were pushed onto rservations. Very few ndns in the old days lived on the reservations by their own choice. How esle would you explain sitting bull and crazy horse keeping their people in powder river country because crazy horse said "i didnt saign the treaty, idid not ask you white men to come here" eventually seeing his people starving he relented to the inevitable, and look what he got for it. The greatest warrior that ever lived stabbed in the back. Or geronimo defying to go to rservations and stying in canyon deshay...there are tons of these stories..reservations now should be a since of pride and hope...but make no mistake in the old days most people were forced onto these areas. That was my point.

------------------
Robert Laughing Owl
SC-AIM
http://community.wolfstar.com/sc-aim
Robert Laughing Owl is offline   Share with Facebook