View Single Post
Old 07-22-2002, 01:14 PM   #3
lngfthr
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
lngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I don't think earning plumes has anything to do with dancing. How I was taught was that a young woman received a plume when she was ready to take on the role of a traditional woman in her community. This encompasses a lot of duties and responsibilities and values - from understanding your own family history, understanding your cultural ways, doing things in the community, taking care of family, etc. I'm not from the South but I imagine it's the same principle. Hope that helps. :)