View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 10:54 AM   #3
Jammer
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Jammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Stonechild
Grass Dancers!!!!!!!!!

Since I am just strictly dancing in my basement for now, hahahahahahaha, and can't get to a Pow-wow until sometime in the summer. I was wanting to get some Dancers input into Grass Dance Steps!

These are some of the the things that I have figure out!

Basic Step-- How would you define it?
I do the heel tap and go around switching front-side-back to the front again switiching feet, meanwhile my standing leg is doing a little hop with side to side feel

Honor Beat steps--Any difference?
I try to drop a few feet and switch it up with a spin left and right, other things are like foot drags using the top side of your moc, how much is tradish vs Contemp? I dunno Know but I like really shakin' it during these beats

Tricks or style--I'll keep those ones until I can really kick it some day!!!!!hahahaha

Other Styles--some dancers i heard incorporte a few other styles like fancy or chicken into some of their steps. What you think!????
Every dancer pretty much has their own way of doing things. You can take 10 different dancers and most of the time they have their own flavor I guess you could call it. Some may dance and hit a step on every beat, others may hit a step on every other beat. I guess it depends on what you like doing, how fast and hard you want to dance and how much stamina you got.
It's everyone's perogative as to how they want to dance, in my opinion, if you dancing grass then ya should dance grass, if ya dance chicken then do it the chicken way. Granted I've seen some incorporate these different steps into one another. I look at it like this, you wouldn't see a southern cloth or ladies tradish kicken up their heels like a fancy shawl or a jingle style or vise versa. The same goes for the mens style. Keep to the basics, and you can't go wrong.