View Single Post
Old 06-13-2000, 12:18 AM   #4
DCP
Just Hangin' Round

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
DCP is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Lakotantn stated, "No matter where we are or who we are praying to, just as you have said, there is only one God." I would have to agree.

A long, long time ago, all the people of the world were separated from each other (geographically, linguistically, etc). Because of this, different people had to explain Creation and the Creator in their own way based on their own experiences. Who is to say that the Creator that sent Jesus to the Middle East didn't send the White Buffalo woman to the Lakota? Seems to me that both were sent to teach decency to the people. I don't claim to know a whole lot, but the more I learn about people, the more I realize that people are more alike than different.

The problem with religion is that some folks think that their chosen way is the only way. Too many people have suffered and died because of "religious bigotry."

I try my best to keep an open mind when it comes to religion/spirituality. I am Christian, but I know that it is not the only way.

Something I find interesting is that some Indian people attend Christian services AND their traditional ceremonies. I think this is outstanding. If we can find a gem of truth somewhere, who cares if it started here, there, or elsewhere?
DCP is offline   Share with Facebook