View Single Post
Old 06-30-2000, 10:43 AM   #18
Tvskekee
Guakia Taino Yahabo

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Tvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Its all about who does the teaching. I just recently had to take a course in either the New Testament or the Old Testament because it is required by the University. I took New Testament. what an eye opener.
Ther is soooo much that is not taught in the church. It makes me think of why noone wanted the slaves to become educated.

One example is the statement that only through Jesus can you get to God. The New Testament was written in Greek(the language of the eduacted people in that time period)What you hear everywher is: Noone shal come unto the father but by me(English translation from Greek) Actual Greek translation: None shall come unto the father but by those who are like me. That puts it into a TOTALLY different perspective doesnt it?

24 books not in the bible, Council decided what books were to be in the bible. Who were they to decide? The ones in power.

The feeding of the multitudes, 5000 right? wrong.. in that society, during that time period, women and chldren under 12 were never counted. So you can imagine how many people were really fed, alot more then 5000.

People go ballistic when face with the thought that of Jesus drinking wine.OH NO!! he drank grape juice, he owuld never dirnk wine. I would really like to see how they refrigerated their fruit juices back then. Wine was what was commnoly drank throughout that society.

I could go ona nd on about all the stuff I learned in class. It was very straight up and to the point, not trying to cnvert anyone, just to present people with the truth. Historical and spritual according to the bible.

I really wish that the churches would teach what is there and not only the bits and pieces. The whole women should be silent in the church issue, that is so misconstrued and used against people. If you read a few more line then you know why that was written down. there was a problem in one church with gossiping destroying the spirit of that church. So by slinecing the women they wer able to find out who was starting all the rumors and they put an end to that problem then everything went back to normal.

The women is to honor her husband and submit to him in all ways. keep reading and you will see it say the same about the man submitting to the women, but they never get that far in their sermons do they?

Its all about the teachers and the truth. Im pursuing my Phd in History, American Indian studies. My goal is to teach the truth, especially American history, through the eyes of our people. The TRUTH and not the fairy land stories that are out there being taught today.

All roads lead to the same Creator(although some of them are way off like Jehovas witnessesLOL)I call the Creator Hesaketvmvse-The Giver of Breath, you may say Wakan Tanka ,Ussen, Yahweh, Allah, God etc etc. all the same, different names.

Religous division is what divides people the most. Religous tolerance is what unites people the most http://www.powwows.com/ubb/smile.gif IMO
Tvskekee is offline   Share with Facebook