View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 11:53 AM   #6
Plenty Fox
meeeeeeeeeeee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Karen Scherr has learned a very important life lesson from this: don't rely on the approbation of others to build your own self esteem and it directly relates to her eating disorder. Individuals with eating disorders look in the mirror and see an image that they have come to believe is not considered attractive, based on whatever the standard of the day is. Young girls, in particular, want to fit in and be popular. Once they start the binging and purging their whole metabolism gets screwed up and they are no longer in control--sort of a reverse addiction. I hope her counselors help her see the parallel between her eating disorder and the decision of the School Board; she needs to practice self-love and acceptance and not rely on the opinion of others to reflect her worth.

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

Plenty Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook