View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 08:18 AM   #16
Privateer6
Like my new toy?

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Privateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
The problem with the violent kid at school school situation is that there is now no way a teacher can truly punish as student. When I worked with ajudicated youth in GA we had go beserk swinging a tree branch at the other kids in the group and going after the teacher. All the teachers are trained in how to do restraints and when to do so. This was a case in which it was proper to do a restraint. The parents of this kid, when they found out that he was restrained reported the program to the state and threatened a lawsuit.

What I am trying to say is that it's gottento the point in public schools that their is no respect for teachers: not from the parents nor the students. The ability to punish students; suspension, placing them in special learning facilities, etc has been taken away or severly limited. The worst part is that it affects those students who want to learn becasue it casues disruptions in the class. Grant you this isn't everywhere, yet, however the probelm is growing and expanding. Hell I even see it in a few of my 20-30 year old adult students who expect to pass the class with an A without doing the work and then complain when I give them the grade they really deserve.
Privateer6 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook