View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 09:26 AM   #25
suzyq
BELIEVER

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
suzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_cowboy_05
suzyq, i throughly agree with u. i live in Texas as well, but in true west texas, not the gulf coast. the whole time through school i was very disappointed about the lack of native american studies. if they can go on forever about slavery and the great depression, why can't they cover cultures found in our country, state, and counties???? really chaps my hide....even though i have only a week left of school, i am still very upset over the lack. this past summer i even wrote a bill for Texas 4-H Congress on native americans and the necessity for an increase on study of the tribes and cultures. but that's beside the point....i will be more than happy to help you in your research and education efforts....
Have you ever noticed that we so TOTALLY have to celebrate Cinco De Mayo and Black History month? BUT YOU NEVER HEAR A WORD about NATIVE AMERICAN HISTORY MONTH! I didn't even know there was such a thing until I got on the internet. How disgusting is that?

We are having a tipi design contest with the 18 and under group from the community. The community leaders want it judged by the Art League and when I suggested we include the American History teachers from the area, it was like I called them a bad word. We want the children to learn what it's about, not if it looks good or not. Don't you think my way is best? We will have it my way even if it steps on toes. I'm not trying to force them to learn, but I was always taught if you are going to get involved in something, learn about it while you are doing it.

At the tipis - WE WILL CELEBRATE NATIVE AMERICAN HISTORY MONTH! I just need suggestions on good ways to carry that out the right way. Any ideas? Anybody?

Thanks so much to everyone for your input! This has truly been the most important thing I have ever done in my entire life.

suzyq is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook