View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 04:41 PM   #25
SingingDeer
~~~ Jedi Color Guard ~~~

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
SingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond repute
SingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond reputeSingingDeer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby 2sday
I work with youth at a rez about twenty minutes from where I live I've been called "weird" because at 24 I have no kids and the kids keep asking me when I'm going to have one. I told them it's not weird and told them my reasons why I chose to try and plan it.

The past few years I've been wishing but know I have to finish school first I've talked with mothers in school and they told me to get it done before the kids come because it's much easier. I'll be done next year and getting married next summer then I think I'd be ready. When I first start dating my man I went to meet his family and one of the first questions I was asked was if I had any kids. I don't know what I'm trying to say just that it seems to have become the norm.

I don't want to pass judgement and make a general statement about all teen mothers because some take the responsibility of being a parent while others dump the kids off on whomever so they can socialize, etc... I think that if any young teen girl wants to be sexually active they need to get on the pill (it's free at hospitals on the rez that's where I get mine) and use condoms because there's so much disease out there! But I can't believe a 10 year old was seriously thinking of having one!! I'd give my nieces an earful of lecture if I ever heard them say anything like that LOL
You have time to think about it yet Ruby 2sday... and don't let those folks bother you about not wanting kids just yet. If and when you are ready you will know that. If you choose not to, you have that right to.... if you have pets, just tell them that you're pets are your "children."

I was not ready for children and I was weary of folks asking my when I would have kids... it made my life miserable trying to explain to them - "it's not for me." When I did become pregnant, I wasn't ready even then (and I was on the pill at the time!). Only after my daughter was born did I realize that it would be a grave mistake for me to have any more.

I raised my daughter for the 1st 3 years of her life, then her father came and took her away with a line of b******t a thousand miles long.... that is what I always refer to him as the "X" - I do not claim him. He is the main reason my daughter became pregnant as a teenager.

The only advice I can give you is to take things one step at a time... make each decision when you are ready if you can... and if you choose to wait ~ more power to ya girl!

As for babies wanting to have babies.... I just shake my head. they don't have a clue what they want to get into.

"We could learn a lot from a box of crayons:
some sharp, some pretty, some dull,
some have weird names, & all different colors,
but they have to learn to live in the same box." ~ Anon
SingingDeer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook