View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #6
Mr Bo Jangles
Member since March 2000.

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Mr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bo Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNQt
I was just talking to one of my friends and she said that turquiose is a brittle stone that can become discolored after time when it absorbs oils, etc. And I am not the easiest person on jewelry. All my turquoise is not an everyday thing but watches and necklaces that I wear all the time get a beating!!!
Yeah if you buy the CHEAP, FAKE stuff.

There's turqouise in jewelry that's thousands of years old, dating back to Pharonic times. To at least 5,000 BC in South America. To 1000AD in the Southwest, and it's still as bright and vivid as the day it was pulled from the earth.

It's a tough stone.

If you have cheap or fake stones.......or stones that LOOK like turqouise, then I'd say, YES.....overtime, they will absorb oils and fade or change in coloration.

Turqoiuse in general, DOES fade, or discolor as it absorbs oils from your hands or whatever, but, it's such a minor thing, and the change isn't very dramatic.....usually.

If anything, it'll only darken in color as it ages and absorbs oils. It's a very dense, HARD stone, or brittle....depending on what your buying and if it's been stabilized or not.

Anyway.

I wouldn't rule out the option just yet.

Go for hard, natural stones.

Some are color enhanced, they'll naturally fade.

You'll pay more, but, you'll know why when you see that it's really a durable stone.

"When the God's wish to punish us, they grant our prayers."

O. Wilde
Mr Bo Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook