View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 12:03 PM   #27
suzyq
BELIEVER

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
suzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Duck
I have been down that section of highway many times and always thought it would be cool to see them restored. They were in bad shape last I saw it, but I am sure ya'll know all about it. There is a serious lack of knowledge in the coastal plains of TX. There is almost zero eveidence of history and the story of the Karankawas is almost gone forever. The lower Colorado basin was a very active site during winter, when the migrating buffalo herds pushed all the way to Matagorda. There are large camps all along the river for it's entire length. Tonkawa tribes were the ones longest associated with that region. Where my place is, near San marcos is the community point in TX where all tribes came together in peace for the sacred spring(which is now and amusement park and crappy golf course ) and the northern edges of Tonkawa roaming. Keep us updated and pics are always nice. Good luck and I promise to stop in when completed.

We've come a long way since these pictures. We now have the "3 pole" attachment on the tops which really adds to their beauty. More to come...................

AGAIN - THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL OF THEIR CONTINUED HELP!

Last edited by suzyq; 05-25-2005 at 12:06 PM..
suzyq is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook