View Single Post
Old 02-16-2001, 11:50 AM   #1
wardancer
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question Wheelchair Bound

A question for my fellow "Tradish".
My son is in a wheelchair. He has Cerebral Palsy , but mobility is his only handicap. He is 7 and has a Grass outfit. He is able to use a walker for short period , to " Dance with Dad". He also now has an electric wheelchair.
My Grandsons bustle hangs on our livingroom wall. My son asked me the other day where his bustle was. I told him I haven't built his yet because He is a Grassdancer and not a Traditional , yet. This seemed reasonable to him , and the subject was dropped.
My question is as follows: What are your thoughts on his wearing a bustle on his chair? I am thinking of building the outfit and I have plenty of feathers. The feathers would not be Eagle at first. I want him to learn more about them first.He has litterally "grown up " in the dance arena. He knows how to behave when in the arena. And mostly , He wants to dance with Dad. He has had , in his 7 years , had 15 surgeries , including 2 on his heart , but inspite of all that , he is always happy , cheerful , and always ready to help others. He even said if his nephew wanted , He( my son ) would teach him how to dance ! I personally don't see a problem , but I can see the potential for a problem. I know there are many issues involved , but would like to get some input from all, pro's and con's. Thanks.......Later

------------------
wardancer is offline   Share with Facebook