Old 02-16-2001, 02:43 PM   #2
contemptradish
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
contemptradish is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
hi wardancer.
personally, i'm all for it. what's the reason we all go into the circle anyway? to make us feel good about ourselves and our families. i think it would be great of you to make him feel that much better by putting a bustle on the back of his chair.
i've taken the past year and a half off from dancing to go through leg reconstruction surgeries. 7 surgeries in a year, external fixator covering my whole leg for that year, and either in a chair or on crutches since the start as well (of course, i'm sure it's not near the struggle that your son has endured for all his life). in this time i've stuck to singing at powwow, but i always "dance" on my crutches for the intertribals. i've said many times that i should strap my bustle to my chair and wheel around the circle. my few reservations, of course, would be dragging feathers or smashing them in the spokes. but if it's built specifically for the chair, it'll work out great and i say go for it!
if i saw him dancing with the bustle on his chair, the smile on his face would definitely put one on my face, too! http://www.powwows.com/ubb/smilies/smile.gif

nicky
contemptradish is offline   Share with Facebook