MrRuminator
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
MrRuminator is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wardancer:
I know there are many issues involved , but would like to get some input from all, pro's and con's. Thanks.......Later
</font>
Yours is a most awesome post. The only issues would come from insensative people. I've seen legless veterans take the Tonkongia and Manitide staffs and dance with them while they sat in their chairs, tears streaming down their cheeks. I've seen them scalp dance with the women. I've seen a man with Downs Syndrome get up and dance to his fathers song and he let go with the prettiest string of lulu's that stirred the people so much that everybody in the place was on their feet. I've seen old men in wheelchairs with alzheimers break down and cry at the drum only to have their families come out and try and remove them. The other singers would tell them to let him be, he's all right. I've seen a person who was the brunt of jokes because he was considered the "tribal retard" carry water to the dancers. Most didn't know that he carried life in that bucket. And I've also see the Boy Scouts whom so many seem to be down about, one in particular, in a chair, also carry water. Imagine that. Somebody put a bustle on the back of his chair and pushed him around the arbor. You should have seen his face light up. The head dancer came up to him and gave him the eagle feather he wore in his roach. I could go on and on. Each one of these people are gifts to us from the Creator, regardless of what we call Him. Some will only be with us for a short time, some longer. Above all, we love our children and we all want the best for them. I'm reminded of the words to a song specifically made for children by the old people, way back there. In translation it says "You love your child. The tribe wants to see them. Show them off"

[This message has been edited by MrRuminator (edited February 16, 2001).]
MrRuminator is offline   Share with Facebook