Thread: Bustles
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2000, 11:44 PM   #5
[]FlyByNyte[]
{|}Stoney Creek{|}

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute[]FlyByNyte[] has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I just use wooden dowels....graphite can make a bustle heavy and the bamboo can break easier...
wooden dowls on hawk works great...when u get to the smaller feather just chip off the tips to make the dowel fit...
also i like to use the black duck tape to tape them on the dowels...hate using glue or staples or whatever else...find the tape to work best for me...also on the hawk bustles...when taping the feather on...u can run the tape all the way down the rod to make it stronger...for just incase a rod does brake the tape keeps it together still...i usually rap my dowels with yarn or the thread stuff(not sure what it is called)
also when stringing up eagle bustles i like to use shoe strings through the quill...easier to work with...and u can slide them easy when putting it together or at a powwow and straiting it out...but hawk bustles i use sinew...shoe strings r to big...i never use beads because i like my bustle to move....flop a little...

i can go on about making them...i love to do it...and pretty good at it...a few members have seen mine and my sons...i take real pride in making them...
but i hope this helps anyone that needs it

------------------
Ancial

Work like you don't need the money, Love like you never been hurt, and Dance like nobody is watching.
[]FlyByNyte[] is offline   Share with Facebook