View Single Post
Old 08-17-2000, 09:34 AM   #5
CEM
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
The Northern Traditional Dancer is a great book! I've got both editions and frequently use it as a reference or just to look at the nice pictures. The author is a nice guy who his happy to share what he has learned, especially with children. I was at a class one time that he was teaching on Northern Traditional Dancing, and probably against the advise of his publisher, he even encouraged people to photo copy the book and share it with others.

As great as this book is,it has no instructions on how to make shoulder wings or visors.

I'm guessing the reason for this is because the author does not wear any. I'm also guessing that when this book originally came out in 1989 or 1990, that they were not as frequently worn as they are today. This is all speculation on my part.

Please don't go and buy it thinking the instructions are in there. The best way to find out is to ask someone who is wearing them if they can show you theirs and ask them how they made them.
CEM is offline   Share with Facebook