View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 02:40 PM   #33
suzyq
BELIEVER

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
suzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipis
Do not do anything with tipi over the Labor Day Weekend...no one is home and all are at the dances.

October is a better month and with more time. And time is your problem. How many tipis do you want to get there? Doyou trulely want this to be a bang up contest?

You need time to advertise and that is NOW depending on what you want. If it is just to have a few tipis...do it in the next few months.

The contest guidlines that I wrote for Nationals and the web site are NO longer going to be used. Have come up with a whole new standard for Traditional, Contempory and traditional contempory for the new book. If you are interested in this, let me know. Will send you a pre-publicaton on the contest guidlines.

Also, in a month or more...that whole web site is going to be revamped. MORE pictures and information.

In the past, prize money of 100 for first and then down the line have been offered to get tipis to come...it only brings a few lodges and definitly does not cover the gas to get the big boys with the great lodges to come.....a little insite into what you are up against. I will tell you this, no one has every realy tried to get the great lodges to come out except for Nationals...and that is just for ribbons and bragging rights. Guess what, ,most the really good tipis are not coming to this. Why, gas prices, jobs and distance.

So here are a few ideas to mull over again.
This is exactly why I try to get help wherever I can on this whole project. If I do something, I want to do it right from the beginning and not by trial and error. Thanks for the Labor Day info, that really helps.

We want as many tipis there as we can get. I want this to be a bang up contest and not just to have a great grand opening, but to put real meaning into the tipi. Everyone that stops by to see our motel think they are the coolest thing, but they have no idea as to what a true tipi is or what it is about.

I would love to have your new tipi competition information. You can e-mail to me at [email protected]. Thank you so much for your help in this area as well.

Prize money is something I had not seen any information on yet. How much do the big boys like to see as far as $$ go? I know for sure we will do much better than $100 or ribbons, etc.. If I knew what kind of turnout we might could expect, I can contact our Chamber of Commerce and begin work to get extra money as well. Is there usually a entrance fee for the competitors?

I am trying to narrow down a date this weekend. I just spoke with our general contractor and they have at least 6-8 weeks of work left to do and that may put us into September before all of the contractors are completely finished. Which would work out great.

Again, thank you very much!!

Susie

suzyq is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook