Thread: Duck and Dive
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 06:33 PM   #1
kneegrow_native
whip cream is better

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Duck and Dive

I was wondering what people thought of the use of duck and dive songs.

Recently I have seen duck and dives used an awful lot for Chicken Dance. I thought that the chicken dance paid homage the prairie chicken and that the duck and dives tells the story of battles (for example some elders have said the battle of Whitebird). If that is true, then the dance and song would not seem appropriate for each other.

I know that it is a good song that moves the people and gets the dancers going, but it seems that it should be reserved more men's traditional, or warriors and veterans dances.

Just my opinion. I would love to hear from everybody else.