Thread: Duck and Dive
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2002, 05:36 PM   #7
kneegrow_native
whip cream is better

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I didn't start this to argue over what tribe made the first duck and dive. More than a few tribes have laid claim to creating the dance. However the song that is predominately used where I live has it's origins from a particular battle. I was expressing my opinion about the correct use of the style.

I have asked people about the origins of these songs. Whether it be from Crow country or any other place the reply has been the same. The song depicts battle. What does the chicken dance depict?

So are we to throw tradition to the wind?

I got an idea, lets start making women's traditional get down on a knee and to a sneak up. Or better yet, lets really throw tradition out the door and permit drugs and alcohol on the arena. Damn, homie, I thought ya knew.

Ya know CrowBoi, at the pow-wow whether it be for money or not, there are still customs that we follow. Money isn't a good enough reason to throw traditions out the window. Is that something that you are prepared to do? Sounds like it.

Some of these dances were made for a specific reason for specific dances. When you use them for the wrong reason you run the risk of getting yourself embarrassed at a pow-wow.

[B]