View Single Post
Old 09-14-2002, 08:40 PM   #21
Okwataga
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
understanding

just so we are all on the same page, fancystar is not saying you MUST have your hair braided!
she is saying that if you are wearing your hairup, have it consistent,instead of parital braid and half your hair hanging down!:)
I judge the other weekend on a woman who has danced for along time, and did not even place her, bc she had partial hair done. she is a top dancer in her catergory but she was not ready for the comp!:)
jsut like they judge men, if they do not have the roach, then they too are not completely dressed for comp.

we are not saying everyone wears their hair braided, or down, just the opposite, it is according to you, your tribe, and your dance style (plus your hair)

no one noticed that she and I were spatting back and forth bc I trimmmed the back of my hair to even it out, but still growing it out long.....

as a judge there are certain things one looks for from a dancer, if they are compeltely dressed, have all their regalia tied on, nad ready for their comp when called on

I personally look to see if the woman is completely dressed, hair and all, ready for her comp, how she dances and her stops and her honor beats

if a woman is not completely dressed (at least a shawl, dress or skirt/ shirt, fan, moccs., at least, not eveyrone can afford eveything at one time(i've been there) then I watch to see how they dance, but if part of your hair is braided then half is not and just pulled into a ponytail, then no you are not ready for comp in my opinion.

hopefully some of ya'll will understand this post and ease up.]
fancystar and I were just baiting each other...:):):)
Okwataga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook