View Single Post
Old 09-14-2002, 08:57 PM   #22
FancyStar
What Will Be Will Be

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
FancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
If you are ata tribal social or dance then whatever is your tribe is your tribal way! If you are a competion pow-wow dancer and don't feel the need to braid your hair then I have a problem with that!
For the people out there who attend tribal dances and pow-wows then you know that there is a huge difference in the 2!
While pow-wows are a great thing to bring skins of different nations together it is not the same thing as a tribal social or dance!
If pow-wows were the spiritual, ceremonial thing that people claim they are then there would not be the bickering,backstabbing,and the "I'm more NDN than you" nonsense that goes on at so many!
As for being defensive, your darn skippy! People don't understand what I am saying and are totally missing my point!
Pow-wows are not true tribal ceremony or dances for a majority of people who participate in them! A tribal dance would be your tribal stomps or your tribal longhouse dances!
This statement about the judging goes out to COMPETION DANCERS!!
I respect tribal differences but I am talking mainstream pow-wow competion dancers!
I have seen several "big name" dancers who feel they don't have to be fully ready ,hair and all, to compete because they are so and so and they should place for that reason!
Excuse me but no! These people should be respectfull to not only their competion but also to the arena!
If I am at a stomp or such, then I wear my hair either half up or all up or a single braid or maybe a bun! But that is at a tribal dance, not in competion!

There is a HUGE difference in a spiritual tribal dance and a competion pow-wow!

(In retrospect, I realize I have come of a bit harsh on some people on here and for that I do apologize. This is something I feel strongly about and I have an extreme dislike about being mizunderstood!)

Last edited by FancyStar; 09-14-2002 at 09:03 PM..
FancyStar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook