Thread: Into the West
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 03:49 PM   #50
Plenty Fox
meeeeeeeeeeee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote from Joseph Marshall, Lakota author and educator:

"Indian history is like a song with many voices. It is time for Arapaho history to be told by the Arapahos and for the Lakota, Crow, Cheyenne, Arikara, Blackfeet, and so on to be told by members of those tribes. But we Indians must not tell our stories simply to vent anger, cause guilt, or generally to beat others with the bloody stump of the past. We must tell our stories to serve a purpose, to add them to the reality of the human history of this continent. In short, everyone must realize that without Indian histories, the human history of this continent is not complete."

The Land

"The soil you see is not ordinary soil. It is the dust of the blood of the flesh and bones of our ancestors. We fought and bled and died to keep other Indians from taking it and fought and bled and died helping the whites. You will have to dig through the surface before you can find the earth, as the upper portion is Crow. The land as it is, is my blood and my dead; it is consecrated, and I don't want to give up any portion of it."

---Curly, Crow Scout for Custer,
speaking at a council considering sale
of Crow land, 1907

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

Plenty Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook