Thread: Duck and Dive
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 10:56 AM   #16
Saponi4ever
Northern Drum Sanga

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Saponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeSaponi4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I have to agree that dance and song styles have definitely changed over the years. Fifteen years ago most folks out here in the east had never seen the Jingle Dress dance, now its one of the more "popular" styles. I had never heard of a double beat crow hop until last year at Kinder. At Cherokee this year we drew a double beat crow hop for contest and had never sang one. We don't even have that type of song. We ended up singing our chicken song for a double beat crow hop, so go figure. It amazes me how dancers and singers are expected to know songs and dances of other tribes, if you haven't been exposed to it you just don't know. This past weekend a drum sang a double-beat crow hop for men's traditional. I saw some dancers out there doing the chicken dance. But it is all a part of the constant change and evolution of powwow. What's next a smoke dance song for men's and women's fancy?
Saponi4ever is offline   Share with Facebook