View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 12:35 PM   #36
suzyq
BELIEVER

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
suzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond reputesuzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipis
When dances put on big contest events they offer thousands of dollars to the first place winners in each catagory. To bring in the good tipis and entice others to come...you would be looking at at least 1000.00 to start in each area, if you have areas of competition. And then on down to 3rd. place. Tipis owners put in time at a dance because they are up 24 hours and open to the public alsmost all that time than a dancer is on the floor for a few hours at a time. And money, you should see the amount of money these people put into their lodges just to look good.

So the more the merrier will get tipis into a competition. And you have several great lodges in Texas and the surrounding area.
Thank you so much for all of your help and information. I am currently researching dates, etc. for early spring for the event. I would love to do it in the fall, but as I said, I want to do it right and taking my time doing this will give us those results. I am also engaging the help of our Chamber of Commerce Prez since she used to put on big events for a living in Austin, Texas. She is a great help as well.

We have truly been blessed with so many wonderful people and their desire to help us. Words cannot express my gratitude completely for this. Just know that "thank you" means so much more!!

suzyq is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook