View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 05:48 PM   #9
WhoMe
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niwiwan2005
I saw this first hand in Milwaukee, WI, when the MC called for a Duck 'N'Dive from a Southern drum. The drum looked at each other with a "now what do we do?!" look..
This is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

More and more, southern drums are being invited to the Northern US and Canadian Powwows.

I sang with a couple of southern drums that were pioneers in introducing southern powwow music to the Central Canadian Plains. We were called upon in drum rotation to sing for every style of dance category. In response, I have composed songs for our drum to sing for every northern category.

Niwiwan, if you want, I can send you a tape of some of our songs to use when your drums sing. It would honor me! PM me with your address. I hope to meet you and your young singers someday!

This is the good thing about powwows.com.......

"We are all here to share and learn."