View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 09:18 PM   #6
Tsiniti
Dancin n Vendin

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Tsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Ayita16,

LWB wasn't addressing what he said to you! He was upset, by something Cherosage said #1, and #2, that he thought the thread was taken off for different reasons! It's ok calm down!

The reason why the Arkansas Cherokee arn't, can't, and won't be recognized, is like he said they have to band together and work as a team, there are at least 5 different tribes of them, in different areas! Most of them settled in those areas, BEFORE the Trail of Tears, and wanted nothinf to do with that garbage! Now they cannot, and will not work together, each thinking they are right, and everyone else is wrong! It has been this way from the time they moved there in the 17 and 1800's!! I am desended, from several of these people, and even today some of the family is the same! They can't agree on anything! Nor do they want to!

There are several books written about the Arkansas Cherokee, but I can only think of the one I own at this time, and it is about the Five Civilised Tribes. There are others, I know I've read them, and read about my own ancestors! Most of the History about Cherokee books talk about them, as well as the group that went to Mexico, and another that settled in South Texas, many years before the Trail of Tears, and if I'm not mistaken the Mexico trip was even before white man came. Cherokee's just got too big for their territory, and branched off!

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!
Tsiniti is offline   Share with Facebook